When Trader Joe's introduced their cauliflower gnocchi, we freaked out, then immediately went to the kitchen to create our own. After many test runs (and horrific fails), we finally landed on a gluten-free, low-carb, keto-friendly recipe you'll love. (If the latter appeals to you, make sure your sauce is sugar-free!)
Editor's Note: This recipe was updated on December 23, 2020.
grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
Marinara sauce, warmed, for serving
Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
- Microwave riced cauliflower for 3 minutes to steam. Let cool slightly, then squeeze out as much excess moisture as possible using a clean kitchen towel. (This is important!) Transfer cauliflower to a large bowl.
- Melt mozzarella in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Stir egg yolks, Parmesan, and almond flour into riced cauliflower, then season with salt. Stir in melted mozzarella. (You may need to use your hands to fully incorporate all ingredients!)
- Divide dough into 4 balls and refrigerate until firm, about 10 minutes. Roll out each ball into long logs and slice into gnocchi. Gently press a fork on top of each gnocchi to create grooves. Refrigerate until ready to cook.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook gnocchi 1 minute. Drain immediately.
- Serve with marinara sauce and garnish with more Parmesan and parsley.
Do not use all-purpose gluten-free flour for this recipe! You only boil the gnocchi for a minute, which isn't enough time to cook off the terrible taste of raw GF flour.
BUY NOW Cuisinart 4-Quart Saucepan, $47, amazon.com