During the summer we often find ourselves with way too much zucchini. And while we obviously love making death by chocolate zucchini bread sometimes we need a vegetable that isn't surrounded by carbs. Zucchini is great in so many ways and is the perfect veggie if you're trying to lower your carb intake!
The easiest way to prepare zucchini is on the grill. It's fast, simple, and doesn't need much but a little oil and seasoning. Slice zucchini into thin strips, brush with oil, then grill for about 4 minutes per side for perfectly tender zucchini. It's party worthy dipped in a green goddess sauce too!
Our favorite way to make zucchini at Delish is in the oven because you can turn it into 100 different dishes. Hollow them out and make burrito boats, slice them into coins and pile on your favorite toppings for low-carb pizza bites, or slice them even thinner and turn them into zucchini chips! The possibilities are truly endless.
We can't talk about zucchini without mentioning zoodles! Our favorite low-carb pasta hack. Zucchini can turn into two different types of noodles. You can spiralize it into long thin noodles like spaghetti and make garlic butter shrimp with them or you can use a vegetable peeler to make wide flat noodles and turn them into zucchini manicotti. You really can't go wrong with either one, but we love mimicking spaghetti with because they take almost no time to cook! A quick toss in your sauce and they are good to go!
Let us know your favorite ways to use up zucchini in the comments below!
Extra-virgin olive oil
Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Trim zucchini ends and cut each zucchini into thin strips lengthwise. Toss zucchini with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place zucchini on grill and cook until tender, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Thinly slice zucchini into rounds and toss with oil, salt, and pepper.
- Place zucchini on a large baking sheet and top with Parmesan or other seasonings, if desired. Bake until tender and edges are crispy, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Slice zucchini into half moons. In a medium skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add zucchini and cook until golden and tender, about 5 minutes, stirring often. Season with salt and pepper.